POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : They Gather On the Plains : Re: They Gather On the Plains Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:38:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: They Gather On the Plains
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 6 Jul 2003 20:27:23
Message: <3f08be6b@news.povray.org>
Well, what I've come up with is to render the image
with pure specular-highlights, rest black. This is loaded
as an image-map, blurred via successive function/image-map,
and finally treated through another function which will
create white regions as white, and black as transparent.

I was planning on trying to achieve the same effect with
colored highlights, but haven't had the time so far. You
might want to have a look at it anyways.
You'll find it in my Downloads-Section, named Glare-Macros
(pretty far down). The URL is in my sig. There's also an
example animation to view.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias v2.0

> I wish there would be a way to do the same effect in povray. With media or
> something.....

---