POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : They Gather On the Plains : Re: They Gather On the Plains Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:32:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: They Gather On the Plains
From: Andy Cocker
Date: 6 Jul 2003 16:27:53
Message: <3f088649@news.povray.org>
"Luke" <Luk### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message news:3f06e94e@news.povray.org...
> Atmospheric!
>
> I like the way the sunlight blurs over the outlines of the things in the
> middle. Is that a post-process effect?

Yes, it is. It's quite simple (after it was explained to me by somebody here... ABX
IIRC). In
Photoshop or equivalent, duplicate the background layer, then adjust the contrast
(using
Curves) to give white in the areas you wish to 'bloom', and black in all the others.
Then use
a gaussian blur on the new layer (I used a value of 8) and finally, set the layer type
'Screen'.

All the best,

Andy Cocker