POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : infinite innondation ... [177Ko] : Re: infinite innondation ... [177Ko] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: infinite innondation ... [177Ko]
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 3 Jul 2003 05:19:44
Message: <3f03f530$1@news.povray.org>
You know, for this kind of effect, my
LSSM might come in handy... You just span
the water like a plane (though with four edges,
which should be pretty right angled to each
other for proper effect) and use the Environment-
Macro with the grid and the Stomp-Macro to
create some waves with it.
You can still lay a normal-map onto the resulting
watermesh and if you take care of smoothening
the border, you could even put a plane (with a
cut-out section for the actual 3D-Waves) for
the infinity-effect.
And to make the waves look proper, you could
juggle the grid in it a little before the actual frame
is taken.

That might be over your head right now, but if
you take a look at the LSSM and the accompanying
Help, you might get the insight you need to pull it
off. And I'm always there in case of questions...

Just a suggestion, and shameless advertising. :-)

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde

> Thanks,
>
> I thought about having the water flow, but I think it's a bit too
> difficult for me, and very CPU consuming, but I'll leave it a corner of
> my brain.
>
> JC
>
> Thomas Willhalm wrote:
> > JC (Exether) wrote:
> >

> >>A quick work that I think doesn't look too bad.
> >>If you find it anguishing and depressing, that's what it is supposed to
> >>be.  :-)
> >

> > I agree -- good picture! To make it perfect you have to make the
> > water flow around the grid, but that's probably very sophisticated.
> >
> > Thomas

---