POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Platform Independent Render Farm Manager? : Re: Platform Independent Render Farm Manager? Server Time
17 May 2024 02:55:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Platform Independent Render Farm Manager?
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 2 Jul 2003 12:19:23
Message: <3f03060b$1@news.povray.org>
Aerial Bear wrote:
> Does anyone know of a tool that will manage animations across servers
> regardless of platform?
>
> I have a small network running both linux and windows and I'd like an easy
> tool for parceling animation frames across the network.
>
> I'm thinking of writing one in Java but don't want to re-invent the wheel.
>
> The tool I'm imagining would also allow you to split a single frame across
> servers as well.
>
> Thanks.

I, too, have a renderfarm tool.
http://www.buckosoft.com/bsac/
It's written in C++.  The gui is a browser.  It supports SMP on Windows and Linux.
Right now i'm still using POV 3.1 because i want to custom compile POV 3.5.
My M$ pov 3.1 is thin, command line only; 32bit povdos without the menus.
Linux uses standard povray.
My bsac server is thin too.  900KB runtime memory on Linux and 2MB on Windows;
leaves more memory for POV ;) .

dik