POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : High Wire BHV WIP : Re: High Wire BHV WIP - bal20_hi1k2.mpg (1/1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:38:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: High Wire BHV WIP - bal20_hi1k2.mpg (1/1)
From: mcavoys
Date: 2 Jul 2003 07:24:49
Message: <3f02c068.7714873@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 11:53:08 +0200, "DigitalTwilight" <kin### [at] gmxnet>
wrote:

>Jup, I must have missed it. Did it was a kind of motion capturing?

Yup, "motion capturing" that's the phrase.

>Motion capturing is a good way to copy the movements of a real
>person. But for me it sometimes looks a bit too static. After capturing
>the motions must be edited to smooth them.

Tell me about it! :-}

>Have you seen
>"The final flight of the Osiris" of the Animatrix-series? There they
>proofed that motion capturing can look very good.

No, I'm not a great movie fan. I posted another motion capture animation here.
http://news.povray.org/moray.binaries/29025/
It was my first attempt and the textures and props are poor.

>Well, I haven't done anything with POV-Ray for long time. I think it
>is time for me to get to work.

Who am I to disagree? :-}

Regards
        Stephen