POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grassy Julia v6 - Final? : Re: Grassy Julia v6 - Final? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:13:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grassy Julia v6 - Final?
From: Tek
Date: 1 Jul 2003 19:20:35
Message: <3f021743$1@news.povray.org>

news:3f00f016$1@news.povray.org...
> I enjoyed following the evolution of this beautiful picture!

Thank you :)

> What about giving the clouds a less "brute" white and making
> them a tiny little more transparent?

I find clouds look more sunny if they really saturate out to white in places.
I've already toned them down a bit from the early test renders, and if I make
them any darker they start to look like they don't match the lighting in the
scene.

When you say make them transparent do you mean all over or just at the edge?
I tried softer edges a while ago but found they lost the "fluffy" look of summer
clouds.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com