POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vanity (WIP) : Vanity (WIP) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Vanity (WIP)
From: Stefan Persson
Date: 1 Jul 2003 17:57:57
Message: <3f0203e5@news.povray.org>
I just finished playing GTA Vice City and there is a re-run of Miami Vice on
one channel and that kind of inspired me to do a 80's room. I tried to
remember
stuff that we had in those days like chrome furniture, checkered carpets
[sic!]
and those stupid mirror walls that left holes all over the walls. I still
listen to some
music that I started to like back then like Depeche Mode, Sisters of Mercy,
the Cure
etc etc but I have no other "props" left and that makes it hard to remember
just
what everything looked like. Any suggestions are very welcome :)

Like the Subject said, this is a WIP and I'm still adding stuff as I come up
with them.
I'm not quite happy with the Poser girl. She looks "plastic" and the hair
has a horrible
artefact. How does Gilles do that?
I'm not familiar with the grass macros so the carpet is just a bunch of
Superquadrics
with a normal. Maybe I'll try something else later.

I started a rendering with photons and radiosity but since the PPS dropped
to between
5 and 7 when it hit the glass wall (in the hallway), I stopped it.

Like I said, anyone who remembers anything from the 80's are welcome with
suggestions.
Those who don't? Well, I guess you are welcome to.. hehe

Oh, and it's all made and put together with Moray 3.5 RC2. Splendid job Lutz
:)

Regards
Stefan

Post a reply to this message