POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grassy Julia v5 : Re: Grassy Julia v5 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grassy Julia v5
From: Tek
Date: 30 Jun 2003 16:06:51
Message: <3f00985b@news.povray.org>
"JC (Exether)" <no### [at] spamfr> wrote in message news:3EF### [at] spamfr...
> - The tree implantation seems a bit strange, probably because it takes
> root in a dark place, but I can't tell exactly.

It does draw rather a lot of attention to itself just there, I also tried it
tucked behind the far side of the island, so it's peeking round the corner. It
looked more natural there but it meant that all the main eye-catching features
(the bush, segaull, tree, and the julia itself) were in a line across the middle
of the image which just wasn't interesting enough. I've put it up there so it's
a little out of place to add more interest to the scene.

> - At first impression, the flock of birds seems to be at mountain
> distance, which would make the birds very big indeed. But after that I
> thought that sometimes reality also gives this kind of illusions, so I'm
> not sure there would be something to do about it.

Well you're not so wrong, they were very far away and should appear much
smaller. The reason they seem so big is the camera's focal blur, the tiny black
dots appear as larger greyish things that look too big for their position in the
world. The next version of the image has a smaller flock that's a little closer
to the camera, meaning you can -just- make out the shape of the closest birds.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com