POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Sunpeek : Re: Sunpeek Server Time
19 Jul 2024 05:37:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunpeek
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 30 Jun 2003 14:39:43
Message: <3f0083ef$1@news.povray.org>
> Hi Tim,
>
> that's looking good!

Thanks!

> - the attenuation will impose a gradient white -- yellow -- orange -- red
>   onto the sun and of course *no* blinding flash (at least in reality;
>   the artistic view may be completely different :)

Artistic view is different in this case, though I'm still experimenting with
something which looks nice, as opposed to just a typical "oooh, this
is blinding me!" short flash. I'll have to see what I can come up with.

> - due to refraction, the sun will appear flattened on the underside

I think I can't do this properly if I want to keep the
atmospheric effects in tact as they are right now.

> - if the planet is the earth, the border between its lit and unlit parts
>   moves with less than 0.5 km/s -- from such a great distance this
>   motion is almost invisible. But it looks good, so I suggest to leave
>   this motion as is (just wanted to nitpick ;-D )

Yeah, well, its a fast-forward/slow-motion combo. :-)

> The camera has a slow rotation around the vertial axis. I really hope
> this rotation will be fast enough to reach 180 degrees at exactly the
> moment of sunset! Then again 180 degrees to return to the starting point:
> *LOOP*! (During the night-180-degrees, could you please let the moon(s)
> appear?)

This is just the sunrise. The first scenes are to take place on
earth, probably near a statue or in a garden, with rain and heavy
clouds. Then, the clouds clear up, give view to the night-sky.
Camera now begins to zoom out, we see the sunrise from up
close (this shot), then further back (former shot), and then
we'll go travelling farther and farther.
I'm not yet sure how the first scenes will be done, probably
with a lot of close-ups, to give a better emphasize on the
zoom-outs later. And I'm very unsure about the ending, how
to close it all. But I've got some long time to do that, so...

> snip!

Regarding the snipped suggestions: You're getting a little
sidetracked from what I intend to accomplish. But gee, who
would've thought of that, when seeing those suggestions? :-)

Regards,
Tim

PS: I did, though, think of a satellite passing by, but I'm not so
sure where it could fit. But that wouldn't be a sputnik, but probably
one with those great rectangular "wings", for my recent glare-
macros to have some use...

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde