POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grassy Julia v5 : Re: Grassy Julia v5 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grassy Julia v5
From: Tek
Date: 28 Jun 2003 19:41:14
Message: <3efe279a@news.povray.org>
"Apache" <apa### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> Considering the size of the flowers and the grass the gull further away must
> be HUGE

Well those flowers are just meant to be small daisies. But I just did a test
render with the gull hovering over the flowers, and discovered it was indeed a
little too large. I've reduced it by 20% and now it looks right to me. Here's a
picture of it flying over the flowers (no grass in this test render), so you can
see what size it now is. If you still think it's too big then just pretend it's
an albatross ;)

> and maybe the stone (sandstone) seems to reflect too much light and
> the dark side. It looks almost ambient!

I balanced the lighting to give nice colours and light/dark contrast. There's no
ambient light in the scene, but there's also no shadows so all dark areas are
illuminated using a few lights pretending to be radiosity from the sky. I like
the brightness of the shadows on the rocks, it makes it look like the water is
reflecting light from the sky. Plus I tried it with darker sky lights and the
grass looks much worse because it all flattens out to one shade of green in the
shadows.

> ...so much criticism for a good pic...!

Thank you :) criticism is always welcome.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message