POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Full Sunrise (772kb MPG1, Thumbnail Version) : Re: Full Sunrise (772kb MPG1, Thumbnail Version) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 05:42:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Full Sunrise (772kb MPG1, Thumbnail Version)
From: Tek
Date: 27 Jun 2003 21:30:56
Message: <3efcefd0@news.povray.org>
Ah, I see how that would work, it sounds good.

Incidentally, I had a play with scattering media type 5, with eccentricity set
so that the atmosphere became much brighter when looking through it towards the
light source. I never tried it in an animation but it might be able to get that
nice halo effect you see in sunrise photos from orbit.

I can't wait to see the full thing :) but I guess I'll have to...

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com