POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Full Sunrise (772kb MPG1, Thumbnail Version) : Re: Full Sunrise (772kb MPG1, Thumbnail Version) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 05:25:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Full Sunrise (772kb MPG1, Thumbnail Version)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 27 Jun 2003 20:12:42
Message: <3efcdd7a@news.povray.org>
I've used scattering before, then someone mentioned
the lack of atmosphere on the shadowside. What I
did now was use emission for this scene, but plan
on doing something more elaborate for the actual sunrise
(where the sun really rises from behind the earth). This
scene is still part of that sequence, so it is a sunrise.
This is also tried to be conveyed with the sun moving to

For the sequence as a whole, camera fly-bies are a
no-no, its supposed to become one long zoom-out,
with nice fades and "spectacular" scenes (the quotes
referring to what I'm actually able to produce :-)
But the movie in its whole will probably have some
camera movement in the initial and final sequences,
where part of the story is told.

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde