POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grassy Julia v5 : Grassy Julia v5 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:27:52 EDT (-0400)
  Grassy Julia v5
From: Tek
Date: 27 Jun 2003 13:35:33
Message: <3efc8065@news.povray.org>
Why's it been so quiet here for the last couple of days? It makes it look like
I'm posting too much! ;)

Changes in this version:
1/ I've shifted the focal point further back, which has made the closest points
on the fractal look slightly softer (not sure if I like that), but on the
up-side has made the seagull much more visible, and shown more detail in the
clouds. Also I'm using more blur samples which has help lose a lot of the
noisiness.
2/ I've made the water less noisey in the distance, so it blends better with the
sky and gives a nice reflection to the mountains.
3/ There's a flock of birds. Well they looked like birds until I switched the
blur on, now they look like flying spots. It's how they would look at that
distance, but I'm not sure I like it. What do you think?
4/ Trees! A sapling and a small bush have taken root on the fractal. I like the
bush, I'm as yet undecided about the tree. Both were made with PovTree and
TomTree, which is the first time I've tried using povtree and I'm -so- impressed
with it!
eventually settled on this. It's slightly bigger in the frame than in v4, and I
think it looks better though I'm sure Shay will still think it's too far to the
side! :)

Next: I plan on adding fish, trying makecloud, and then seeing how it looks if I
put the deckchair back.

What do you think? Better? Worse? Anything else I should add?

Your comments have pretty much built all of this image so far, so I'm open to
more ideas :)

Cheers,
--
Tek