POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Full Sunrise (772kb MPG1, Thumbnail Version) : Re: Full Sunrise (772kb MPG1, Thumbnail Version) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 05:36:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Full Sunrise (772kb MPG1, Thumbnail Version)
From: mcavoys
Date: 27 Jun 2003 12:48:27
Message: <3efc7531.92541367@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:22:18 +0200, "Tim Nikias v2.0" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote:

>Yeah, everything is changing slightly. The earth
>is spinning, the sun is turning, the moon is moving...
>:-) (I know, no realistic speeds or relations)
>
>But why do you think should Earth and Moon be the
>same? It depends slightly on the viewing angle, how
>much nearer towards the day-night line one is, and
>we're farther away from the earth's one than from the
>moon.
>And anyways, how could it be different, when both
>objects are being lit by the same sun?

I started to do some arithmetic when I thought bu**er it I'm not going down that
road:-} I'm sure you did not use true scaling because when I did something
similar it looked so unrealistic that an orrery would look better. Hmm I saw one
at the theatre last night that might be fun to do.
BTW IMHO That's one of the problems with Space Operas. If they use real physics
it's no use for the movies.

Regards
        Stephen