POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grassy Julia v4 : Re: Grassy Julia v4 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grassy Julia v4
From: Tek
Date: 26 Jun 2003 13:59:04
Message: <3efb3468@news.povray.org>
"JC (Exether)" <no### [at] spamfr> wrote in message news:3EF### [at] spamfr...
> Yep, I just gave it a try, and it doesn't seem straightforward ...

Well it's not fog per se, I've used it in a lot of scenes before without any
trouble, the problem here is I've constructed the scene without fog, so things
like the sky sphere and the distant mountains are already coloured to look
foggy, which makes it ver hard to put fog in without it clashing with this
effect.
But, I've come up with a cunning plan, I'll just fade the colour of the water to
be a foggy colour in the distance! :)

> Maybe you can try using a big sphere or a big cylinder (if you don't
> want to have a round horizon) instead of a plane for the sea, that would
> shorten the horizon distance. Maybe it can work better too with a ground
> fog.

I tried ground fog, but that didn't help. A sphere would make sense, I normally
use that in my scenes but I got lazy when I did this one! The problem is a
realistic earth-sized sphere would still stretch off to the point where the
water gets grainy.

I think I'll work on a fake-fog effect and some nicer blur settings.

Thanks
--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com