POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grassy Julia v4 : Re: Grassy Julia v4 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grassy Julia v4
From: Tek
Date: 26 Jun 2003 05:03:52
Message: <3efab6f8@news.povray.org>
"JC (Exether)" <no### [at] spamfr> wrote in message
news:3EF### [at] spamfr...
> Very nice indeed. As you request for comments, here are mine:
> - You should definitely think about more realistic clouds, with a real
> volume and a dark bottom, like real clouds.

Still thinking about them...

> - I don't like the grainy aspect of the sea near the horizon, in real
> world you would have a heat fog hiding that, maybe you can try softening
> it with a thin ground fog so that the first plan sea remains clear.

I tried using some fog but couldn't get it to look right. I think the
graininess mostly comes from low quality blur settings (only 6 blur
samples).

> - I like the distant flock of birds and fish in the shadow ideas

Cool.

> - The butterflies seem to be all in the same position with wings open at

> (I'm not quite sure about this remark though, because the resolution is
> not high enough, maybe we need a closeup)

They are all at different angles, but like you say on this resolution that's
kinda hard to see.

Thanks for your comments.

--
Tek