POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grassy julia v3 : Re: Grassy julia v3 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grassy julia v3
From: Tek
Date: 24 Jun 2003 14:20:04
Message: <3ef89654@news.povray.org>
Oops! I hit send before I'd finished writing...

> I noticed too.  I thought the older one had too many blemishes.

Yeah, it was a bit flat too. Though in the meantime I tried a couple of
completely different textures based on some image maps I've got, and it wasn't
until I compared them to the old version that I realised they looked worse! That
wasted a few hours, but at least I got something good eventually.

> I agree about this.  Perhaps you could put a drink on the armrest of the
> chair.
> Yeah, and put the parasol in that!

Cool idea! I could leave the pov logo on the parasol soit's only visible as a
tiny detail in the final poster-sized render :)

> This is turning out to be a very exciting piece!  An excellent, simple idea
> that I wish I had thought of myself, that I probably wouldn't have realized
> as beautifully as you have.  Keep up the good work!

Thanks :)

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com