POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grassy julia v3 : Re: Grassy julia v3 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grassy julia v3
From: Tek
Date: 22 Jun 2003 18:44:36
Message: <3ef63154$1@news.povray.org>
"Chris Amshey" <my last name at thecia dot net> wrote in message
> I might use more muted colors for the parasol - the bright red and blue is
> fighting for predominance with the green grass.

The more I look at it (and read comments) I can't see any way for the parasol to
fit. I tried other colours before deciding on these (initially it was bright
yellow and red!).

> I think though, that if it were my scene I'd keep it free of man-made
> objects, and
> work on trees (or a tree) and maybe a seagull or dolphin. It definitely
> loses some
> wildness by dropping consumer items in, and it fixes the scale very
> precisely for
> the viewer.

I agree. I like the seagull and dolphin ideas, though I think only one or the
other, to keep the scene simple. The tree is definitely worth trying, I'll drop
one of the maketree examples into the scene and see how it looks.

> It is, however, a very cool image, but I think you've heard that once or
> twice
> before. ;)

:) yes, but I'll never get tired of hearing it.
I'm glad people like this image so much, it had been in my head for a long time
and I only decided to realise (surrealise) it out of shear boredom.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com