POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brick wall [WIP, almost finished] (167k) : Re: Brick wall [WIP, almost finished] (167k) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brick wall [WIP, almost finished] (167k)
From: gonzo
Date: 21 Jun 2003 15:32:59
Message: <3ef4b2eb@news.povray.org>
Xilo Musimene <xil### [at] hotpopcom> wrote in message
news:3EF### [at] hotpopcom...
> Hi, I've almost finished my brick wall prototype...
>
> I think I just need to add texturing to the bricks so that the filling
> between the bricks is of different color...

You are using a heightfield?
Try a union with another heightfield for the mortar.  I just did that for my
wall heightfield macro and it looks great.
Not only can I have separate textures for bricks and mortar, but by changing
the relative size of the two heightfields the tiling is much less noticable.

RG