POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Parametric object with shadow gets black : Re: Parametric object with shadow gets black Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:40:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parametric object with shadow gets black
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 21 Jun 2003 13:46:12
Message: <3ef499e4@news.povray.org>
Massimo Valentini wrote:

> The patch below should fix the problem related to the no_shadow
> and parametric objects reported in povray.general

Hmm, yes and no.

YES, the image is no longer black and there is a nice shadow
_below_ the parametric object.

And NO, it does not look like the object has any shadow on
its own surface. I mean -- the high parts of the parametric
surface should throw shadows on the low parts...
Or at least if I peak a cylinder through the object.
I failed see such a shadow in my test-renders.

> From: Wolfgang Wieser <.....>

That's me...

Wolfgang