POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : pencil sharpeners [WIP?] (98 KB) : Re: pencil sharpeners [WIP?] (98 KB) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pencil sharpeners [WIP?] (98 KB)
From: Tek
Date: 19 Jun 2003 16:30:17
Message: <3ef21d59$1@news.povray.org>
"JWV" <jwv|at|planet.nl> wrote in message news:3ef20cc8$1@news.povray.org...
> Yes, brown part is made out of wood, and the actual knives are made out of
> metal. I will rotate the texture by 5 degrees or so, and see if it looks
> better.

The problem is the sides appear completely flat coloured. Some turbulence might
help too. The metal material on blades look about right.

> At the moment there are 20 lights (one light rotated around the y-axis
> 1/10th of a degree 20 times by a loop).
> I will try an arealight to see if that works better.

That sounds like a fairly unnatural lighting setup. I recommend an arealight
above and to one side, to pick out more details, and maybe make it slightly
orange to simulate a light bulb. Just a suggestion :)

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com