POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : pencil sharpeners [WIP?] (98 KB) : Re: pencil sharpeners [WIP?] (98 KB) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pencil sharpeners [WIP?] (98 KB)
From: JWV
Date: 19 Jun 2003 15:19:36
Message: <3ef20cc8$1@news.povray.org>
> Are the sharpeners made out of wood? It looks a bit grey and plastic at
the
> moment. It might look better if you rotated it so the grain doesn't line
up with
> the sides of the sharpeners.

Yes, brown part is made out of wood, and the actual knives are made out of
metal. I will rotate the texture by 5 degrees or so, and see if it looks
better.

>Also the lighting looks a little too even, try a
> stronger contrast between the light and shadows because at the moment
things
> look a little flat.

At the moment there are 20 lights (one light rotated around the y-axis
1/10th of a degree 20 times by a loop).
I will try an arealight to see if that works better.

Thanks for the tips, they realy help.

JWV