POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Red Flower : Re: Red Flower Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Red Flower
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 19 Jun 2003 12:47:14
Message: <3ef1e912@news.povray.org>
Woohoo! That's my image you've linked to... It makes
me feel a little... Important. :-)

Anyways, as a further notice, it might be interesting to look
at the Project Review I've written for this image. It's at

http://www.digitaltwilight.de/no_lights/past_pros/gerbera/gerbera.html

It goes a little more in detail about the modelling, lighting with
radiosity and photons, memory etc.. Of special interest might be
the seeds and how they were positioned:

vrotate(<_Radius,0,0>,y*360/.618*A)*sqrt(A/_S)

Where _S is amount of Seeds and A is number of seed... It's
a nice even distribution, in this case on the y-plane in a circle
with a radius given by _Radius...

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde