POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grassy Julia, v2 : Re: Grassy Julia, v2 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:41:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grassy Julia, v2
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 18 Jun 2003 16:44:03
Message: <3ef0cf13$1@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:

> The grass and rock... I kinda like the grass pattern as it is now, it felt
> wrong having grass grow on vertical slopes. But I totally agree that the
> rock texture isn't good enough to fill that much of the scene. Plus the
> transition between grass and rock appears too harsh in places (particularly
> the closest area), so I may find some way to soften that.

What if you used a slope pattern, or even a modified version of one of
those blob-placing snow macros (with a fairly thin, precise setting
using lots of little blob components), to have some dirt on the flatter
surfaces for the grass to grow out of, so it doesn't look like the grass
is growing out of the rock?

-Xplo