POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio18 : Re: Capriccio18 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:50:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio18
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 18 Jun 2003 11:45:54
Message: <3ef08932$1@news.povray.org>

3EF07F09.DE9B7261@mail.com...
> But the
> memory still grows. I suspect something is wrong with declarations
> just cannot realize what :)

I guess it's normal, as memory is allocated to each tile anyway, I suppose
for positionning and such (I'll let programmers tell you exactly what
happens). Increase the number of faces and you will see that the RAM use
doesn't change much for a given number of tiles, which proves that
instanciation works correctly.

> That's a good idea about one mesh. I'll try to do that. Though
> it's not so useful for current scene it can be useful for somebody
> else in the future :)

Note that an additional benefit of using a single mesh is that you'll be
able to use the same mesh for both panes, thus cutting RAM use in half.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com