POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Juggling (WIP) : Re: Juggling (WIP) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Juggling (WIP)
From: Slashdolt
Date: 17 Jun 2003 16:39:44
Message: <3eef7c90$1@news.povray.org>
"Dave Matthews" <mat### [at] dinecollegeedu> wrote in message

> I really like the effect this achieved.  Could you be a little more
specific
> about how you did this?

I used Cristoph Hormann's IsoCSG library.  The ground is basically an
iso_plane minus a granite texture functure.  I don't have the source in
front of my now, but it's basically like this (my syntax may is likely all
wrong, but hopefully you'll get the idea):

#fuction F_Ground = iso_plane(y,0)
isosurface {
  function(F_Ground(x,y,z) - f_granite(x,y,z)*0.02)
  contained_by box { whatever size }
  texture { T_Ground }
}

T_Ground is a gradient texture_map, so that the lower "cracks" are darker
than the higher areas.

If that doesn't explain enough, let me know, and I'll try to post a working
source code snippet later on.  :-)

--
Slash