POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Juggling (WIP) : Re: Juggling (WIP) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:14:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Juggling (WIP)
From: Slashdolt
Date: 17 Jun 2003 16:28:24
Message: <3eef79e8$1@news.povray.org>
"gonzo" <rgo### [at] lansetcom> wrote in message
> Neat idea!

Thanks!

> The monochrome background with just splashes of color in the butterflies
is
> great, but the color seems understated now. Adding the flowers would be
> good, and maybe move a butterfly out in front or something to emphasize
the
> color a little more (although that may not even be necessary in a larger
> render...)

I was thinking of having something in the forefront, but because the focus
of the image is the the tree itself, I haven't really come up with anything
at this point that would not distract from the subject.

> Also, the rocks in the background seem too in line with each other, maybe
> moving them around in relation to each other would give it more depth.

I've moved the rocks several times so far, but since they take FOREVER-42 to
render, they're still not exactly as I want them.  For one thing, I can't
figure out why the rock in the middle is smoother than the others.  I'm sure
it has something to do with isosurfaces and how they use functions, but so
far, I can't figure it out.  *sigh*

I wanted the image to convey the notion that the rocks feel as if they are
"closing in" on the tree.  Not in a literal sense, but more in a feng-shui
kind of sense.  The rocks and the desert itself are "exerting pressure" on
the tree, and the tree is desparate to hold on to "life", which is best
conveyed (IMHO) by the use of the color in the butterflies.

--
Slash