POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blinding High-Lights Macros : Re: Blinding High-Lights Macros Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:14:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blinding High-Lights Macros
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 17 Jun 2003 09:52:27
Message: <3eef1d1b@news.povray.org>
AFAIK MegaPOV took high rgb-values and
use those to determine where to use the blurred
image on top of the original one.

Even though the per-pixel-processing part is kinda
redundant, the idea was to take light which is directly
reflected from a lightsource to the camera (the
specular highlights) and blur those as an overlay for the
image without specular highlights. Thus, highlights will
look like they're glowing.

So its similiar, but not altogether the same. And
I might add that I find hard-coded post-processing
steps (as in MegaPOV) not as flexible as those
scripted by oneself. These I can modify to my liking.

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde