POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Juggling (WIP) : Re: Juggling (WIP) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:15:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Juggling (WIP)
From: Slashdolt
Date: 17 Jun 2003 08:27:17
Message: <3eef0925$1@news.povray.org>
"lieven_ke" <lie### [at] yahoofr> wrote in message
> Nice picture...
>
> Just add one nice sun using Abe macro
> http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/26067/
> and your scene will be almost completed.

I looked for some "sun" source code awhile back.  I'll have to take a look
at that.

> Try to add a slight media or fog to show the heat and to smooth the pic
(and
> smooth the contrast between the ground and the tree).

Media...  Hmmm...  I've successfully avoided learning it all this time...
;-)  Is there a way to make the distant background appear as if there are
"heat waves"?

> May be a glow from Colefax glow and lens will give you a nice camera glow
> effect.

What/where is that?  I'm not familiar with that.

> Then, add one or two red flowers at the end of the upper branches of your
> tree.  Just like succulent or desertic trees which look like dead but are
> alive and keep having one or two colourful flowers (most of the time red)
> to attract insects (and butterflies) and to survive !!

I thought about the flowers as well.  I think perhaps I'll do that.  I'll
have to come up with a nifty little flower macro.

Thanks for the comments!  This is the first time I've openly submitted a
WIP, so all comments are greatly appreciated.

--
Slash