POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grassy Julia Fractal : Grassy Julia Fractal Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Grassy Julia Fractal
From: Tek
Date: 14 Jun 2003 17:10:34
Message: <3eeb8f4a@news.povray.org>
I decided to apply the grass from my "bliss" image to a more interesting object,
so I made this rather surreal scene.

The grass looks far better than I thought it would do. Each blade of grass is
straight, but there's realy nice curves in the overall effect because they lean
with the shape of the fractal, and also there's a turbulence pattern displacing
the tops of the blades so you get the feeling the wind is blowing across them.
Also there's a halo effect round the edge, which has happened completely by
accident! :)

I like it, it has a nice unreal feeling. What do you think?

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message