POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Glimpse of A Bigger World - take 2 : Re: A Glimpse of A Bigger World - take 2 Server Time
15 Sep 2024 05:15:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Glimpse of A Bigger World - take 2
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 14 Jun 2003 16:43:22
Message: <3eeb88ea@news.povray.org>
The hills in the background give a better idea that
the egg is standing. About the sunlight on the distant
hills: Perhaps you should pick a different position
for the sun, even if you have to create lightgroups
to disconnect the lighting from background
and foreground. As long as the two suns don't
oppose, it shouldn't be obvious.

It could help to lower the ambience values for the
hills, so that their shadows are really dark.
And sometimes some very little specular highlights
do wonders!

I'm wondering though if the graininess of the image
is intended or a side-effect of the compression?

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde