POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gradient problem : Re: Gradient problem (Image) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gradient problem (Image)
From: Tek
Date: 13 Jun 2003 21:54:51
Message: <3eea806b@news.povray.org>
Well that is the error you'd get if you used rgbt <0,0,0,0> and rgbt <1,1,1,1>,
because halfway between the two you'd get a grey colour... But I can't explain
why it would happen with rgbf.

Personally I always use transmit because it behaves like alpha blending, which I
understand better than filtering. For the effect you want you could just use
rgbt <0,0,0,0> and rgbt <0,0,0,1>. But you probably know that already.

Sorry I could be much help :(
--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com