POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : High Wire BHV WIP : Re: High Wire BHV WIP Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:25:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: High Wire BHV WIP
From: mcavoys
Date: 13 Jun 2003 18:31:56
Message: <3eea4e71.29623626@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 23:41:03 +0200, "Hugo Asm" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote:

>Have you seen:
>http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.animations/31438/

I have now:-} I tried blender and did not like it. I've never gotten into making
my own meshes, not enough hours in the week :-{ Kitsune_e 's animation is cute.

>I must say, that even if it works and POV-Ray can interpolate the data,
>you'll need a few hours of manual work to prepare the files to be read by
>the macro I've written in POV-Ray. It's easy, but takes some time because
>you have so many keyframes. At the moment, there are unfortunately no way
>for POV-Ray macros to work directly on data encapsulated in a mesh2 file.

IIt sounds interesting maybe useful for other projects. I've found a workaround
for having to convert to 15 fps then back to 30 fps so I'll stick to what works
for me just now. One of the problems with Povray projects is that I keep having
to learn new programmes and techniques. No problem with that but it's so
distracting and time consuming going off at tangents. (Must get back to Fractint
someday, I only "looked" at Povray so I could draw fractal landscapes Ha! This
programme should have a health warning - Can become addictive)

Regards
        Stephen