POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : High Wire BHV WIP : Re: High Wire BHV WIP Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: High Wire BHV WIP
From: mcavoys
Date: 13 Jun 2003 14:06:00
Message: <3eea11fe.14149355@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:53:36 +0200, "Hugo Asm" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote:

>> The keyframes are the problem. Every frame is a keyframe
>> due to the nature of the BVH file. That's why I got sick of it.
>
>Just curious: Does this mean the triangle faces are connected in different
>patterns, for each frame? Otherwise they are compatible, and interpolation
>is possible. I've done this recently with a simple POV script. So I'd like
>to know, why you say they are all keyframes? I realize they all contain
>valuable information about the character, but you probably can - at least-
>bump up the framerate to 30 by interpolation without problems, just as long
>as the mesh is still the same.

Looking at the exported obj file it seems that there is the same number of
triangles but their orientation is different. The connection of their patterns
should be the same but I can't say for sure. The inc file is about 200000 lines
long for the model of the woman.
I say they are all keyframes because in Poser there is no interpolation between
the imported BVH frames. The position and orientation of each part e.g. Right
upper arm is defined by the BVH file for each frame. If I wanted to increase the
frame rate then Poser would interpolate for me.
I posted this animation at 15fps to cut down on size and render time. I need to
use 15fps for the PAE system that calculates the hair and breast movement. If I
were not utterly sick of this animation I would use 30 fps.
Over the weekend I will do a new one using a different motion at 30 fps.
I hope  have answered your query in an understandable way but I'm no expert.

Regards
        Stephen