POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: LSSM Example-Files (WIP, MPG1, 474kb + 480kb) : Re: LSSM Example-Files (WIP, MPG1, 474kb + 480kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 05:43:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LSSM Example-Files (WIP, MPG1, 474kb + 480kb)
From: Chris Johnson
Date: 13 Jun 2003 09:43:38
Message: <3ee9d50a@news.povray.org>
The talk of seaplanes reminds me of the post "water skiing" in
povray.binaries.images. For images such as this one, it might be useful to
calculate what the water would look like if the plane was moving across the
surface, but only render one image. Can your system calculate multiple
frames of water calculations in one pov-ray frame to allow this sort of
still image creation? If it isn't too much hassle to implement it might be
quite useful.

Another thing that occurred to me from the suggestion of objects falling
into a pool: how easy would it be to make a 'floating' macro where objects
float on the water and bob about in the waves? The trace function would
probably come in handy here, but I can see potential problems with waves
bouncing off these objects rather then moving them. Any thoughts?