POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Glimpse of A Bigger World : Re: A Glimpse of A Bigger World Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Glimpse of A Bigger World
From: Rune
Date: 13 Jun 2003 05:55:34
Message: <3ee99f96$1@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> If you don't like the idea of buildings, then a
> nook in a tree in the middle of a vast forest
> surrounded by mountains the other side of which
> await exploration, is another idea.

I don't like the idea of buildings. However, I'll leave trees and plants
to masters such as Gilles and Nobert Kern. I don't want this image to
have a CG feel, so I don't want to do what I can't do well.

By having the camera pointed towards the sky, I wanted to hint the world
which can be seen from the point of view of the egg, without actually
showing it in the image. Certainly, the idea was not to make the egg
look like it is floating mid-air. I think a good way to strengthen the
concept would be to show some distant montains or hills in the horizon,
at the very bottom of the image. This I think I could do somewhat
convincingly with my skills (as opposed to foreground details), and it
also still leaves much to the imagination. I'll have a go at that...

Thanks for the feedback!

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated Oct 19)