POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Screws : Re: Screws Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Screws
From: Fernando Gonzalez del Cueto
Date: 12 Jun 2003 19:51:22
Message: <3ee911fa@news.povray.org>

news:3ee8a73f@news.povray.org...
> It's very nice! Depth of field, finish of screws. I have 3 small
> suggestions:
>
> 1)  Blur the reflections on the wood.
> 2)  Translate seam of texture away from origin (or make it seamless)
> 3)  Concentrate the screws in a smaller area and crop resolution.
>      (For those of us, who doesn't have so big screens.)

About the blurry reflection, I tried adding a layer of transparent and
reflective "varnish"... however, the results were not that impressive, and
the render time was awfully increased. Do you know of a better way of doing
it?

About the seam, I was going to do it, but I forgot :P

About the placement, I totally agree, but as the screws are located
randomly, some intersections may occur, and I had to disperse them more to
avoid that, without having to place them individually... Yes, I admit I'm a
bit lazy, he he he

> But I got to say, it's very, very nice!  I also wonder:  If the shadows
are
> so intense, why don't I sense an intense lightsource above the scene ..
the
> screws are very reflective so I would expect a strong highlight. But maybe
> you have referenced a photo so I shouldn't complain?  :o)  (not that I try
> to complain at all)

Thanks! :)