POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : High Wire BHV WIP : Re: High Wire BHV WIP Server Time
19 Jul 2024 05:36:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: High Wire BHV WIP
From: mcavoys
Date: 12 Jun 2003 19:21:54
Message: <3ee90922.32955086@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:46:25 +0200, "Hugo Asm" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote:

>Wow!  :o)  The movements may be a bit overdriven but it's convincing!

Overdriven?  It is only 15 frames per sec but 260 frames long so it is a bit
jerky. I intended to retime it to 30 fps but got fed up working on it. Just
posted it for closure (I think that's the term :- } )

>What are these BHV motion files? Did you make the keyframes in Poser and
>interpolated them with POV?

The BHV motion files contain, in this case 240, keyframes of a Poser model's
position in text format derived from a real persons movement. I tided up the
Poser model, then I created Alias Wavefront obj files and converted them to
mesh's with 3DWin to import to Pov via Moray.

>The womans shadow is a bit strange, and the floor is very noisy so you may
>want to disable jittering from the area lights.

Oh dear! So much for artistic intent. The floor is media intended to be fog or
mist. I notice that the reddish container is noisy when the camera is panning so
that's a poor choice of material on my part. I never use jitter or crand and the
light is a point light

>But the point of this is
>clearly the woman and this animation is very nice!

Thanks

Regards
        Stephen