POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : gk's test foil with max_trace_level 15 : Re: gk's test foil with max_trace_level 15 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gk's test foil with max_trace_level 15
From: Slashdolt
Date: 11 Jun 2003 16:58:51
Message: <3ee7980b$1@news.povray.org>
"Shay" <sah### [at] simcopartscom> wrote in message
> I think he means that you wasted a tremendous amount of time in order to
> accomplish an only slightly better copy of someone else's work.

Put less bluntly, I think he simply meant that it takes so long to render,
that any "niftiness" gets lost while waiting for the render.  It becomes
impractical to use it, and it simply becomes a nifty little thing.

However, in 12 years, our micro-processors will be perhaps five thousand
times faster and it will only take a few minutes to render.  ;-)

--
Slash