POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Heightfield with rounded and diagonal objects. : Heightfield with rounded and diagonal objects. Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:14:18 EDT (-0400)
  Heightfield with rounded and diagonal objects.
From: Shay
Date: 11 Jun 2003 14:25:14
Message: <3ee7740a@news.povray.org>
Another example of an object very similar to a height field which is
capable of nice vertical edges. This time I left the wire frame off to
show how nice the normals can look without the stretched triangles of a
true height field. The mesh is low resolution, so the triangle lighting
issue is very visible (I need to download SlimePov), but the normals are
still accurate. The true height field is on the left. My variant is on
the right. Both use the same function and contain roughly the same
number of vertices.

 -Shay

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: