POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : height field variant : Re: height field variant Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: height field variant
From: Shay
Date: 11 Jun 2003 14:18:25
Message: <3ee77271$1@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] runevisioncom> wrote in message
| This is very interesting,

lol. At least you and I though so.

| but almost all the vertical edges seen in this example
| are perpendicular to the x and z axis (assuming y is up).

Actually, it's not even almost all of them. It is every one of them.
Some of them look to be otherwise, but this is only an optical illusion
caused by the wire frame.

| I'd be more interested in seeing how it handles diagonal
| and arbritrary vertical edges. For example, what would it
| look like if the basis of the hf were a simple white filled
| circle on black background? With antialiasing? Without?

Since it's you, I will shortly post an example very similar to what you
are describing. Look for a new thread.

 -Shay