POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : gk's test foil with max_trace_level 15 : gk's test foil with max_trace_level 15 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  gk's test foil with max_trace_level 15
From: Michael Goldshteyn
Date: 11 Jun 2003 08:52:39
Message: <3ee72617@news.povray.org>
I liked gk's test foil so much that I raised the max_trace_level to 15 and
set adaptive to 1 on all light sources. Then, I did a +a0.2 +AM2
+r4 -w1600 -h1200 trace. The trace took over a week on a 2.4 GHz P4 machine
with a Gig of RAM. I wish I had raised the gamma a little more to lessen
some of the speculars, but all in all, I'm pleased with the result. I had to
interrupt the trace twice, so I can't post reliable stats, but needless to
say max trace level 15 was hit, so I might try 20 the next time around.

Comments from the source:

//========================================================
// Foil Vase
//========================================================