POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wintery Surprise (nudity) : Re: Wintery Surprise (nudity) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:14:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wintery Surprise (nudity)
From: Tek
Date: 10 Jun 2003 13:28:55
Message: <3ee61557$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Cook" <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote in message
> ...though it's a tree that's naked.  And the horse isn't wearing
> anything either.
>
> This is more or less an image I threw together on a whim, thought
> it'd look neat if I did this and that, played with it for a day,
> ended up with this image which took 58 mins to render.
>
> Needs hoofprints on the snow. :P

Cool! (pun not intended) That's a really clever idea for an image.

It would look really good with a complex lumpy bark texture on the wood nymph
(well that's what I assume she is), I'm thinking something like Christoph
Hormann's tree stump image, but that might be a little bit difficult! :)

Also I suggest making the horse's hair slightly shiny, and using media fog to
get shadows from the trees.

That should help increase your render times... ;)

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com