POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Alternate River Flow : Re: Alternate River Flow Server Time
19 Jul 2024 05:41:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alternate River Flow
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 10 Jun 2003 03:06:34
Message: <3ee5837a$1@news.povray.org>
Although one can observe a little bit of how
it looks, the rotation is far too much (and as you
noted about the wrong point), and perhaps even
the resolution of the image is a little too small.
Perhaps one or two larger still images in
binaries.images would be sufficient.

Another thing of interest is the resolution of the
water-mesh and the parsing time.

Aside of that, it does look promising, but you
could showcase it better.

As for saving the mesh to disk: I don't know
how you're saving the data, but you could easily
use my I/O Scripts to save an array to disk
and load it for every frame.
Additionally, if the nodes of mesh are structured
in a 2D-Array, you may even use my Mesh-Modifying-
Macros to save the mesh to disk and load that
for every frame...

Regards,
Tim

--