POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: LSSM - Riverflow (MPG1, 910kb) : Re: LSSM - Riverflow (MPG1, 910kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 05:35:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LSSM - Riverflow (MPG1, 910kb)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 8 Jun 2003 19:08:59
Message: <3ee3c20b$1@news.povray.org>
The interaction you describe is more or less a
very physical one: water hits against a rock and
thus, water masses tumble before it, creating the
waves. The water will then be washed away by
the current, but new water also washes against the
rock. Its an ongoing difficult process which isn't
handled by my simulation at all.
In my simulation, the waves caused by wave-emitters
all move at steady speed: 1 node per step. Still, its
not too unrealistic to just move them downstream. Ever
observed raindrops hitting a river? Its the same
effect taking place. But the interaction at the rocks
lacks some physical precision, which is why I am
thinking about some other means which are just
meant to build some basis for a near-realistic still-
frame, and some animated turbulence on the surface
should give a visually acceptable river. Here's a
link to a nice program which is what I'm after:
http://john.deweese.com/StableFluids/

Regards,
Tim

--