POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: LSSM - Riverflow (MPG1, 910kb) : Re: LSSM - Riverflow (MPG1, 910kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 05:26:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LSSM - Riverflow (MPG1, 910kb)
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 8 Jun 2003 13:56:48
Message: <3ee378e0$1@news.povray.org>
Hi!

You are on the right track! Moving the data at 2 nodes per step, stops the
height from adding up unrealistically? Fine! I wonder though.. Do your
system works so that all horisontal movements has a steady speed?  Imagine
the wind direction is -1*x  and you have a rock somewhere that blocks that
movement. This will cause waves to bounce off in different directions, and
some waves will go directly the opposite way  ( 1*x )... In your system,
will they continue in that direction with the same speed and fade out?  In
real life, I suppose they will fade and change speed, to eventually end up
going at -1*x  again.

This may not be necessary to simulate, though, as the effect might be
subtle?

> To work, the simulation requires some rain
> or lots of wave-emitters, which looks rather
> irregular, but it might do for some scenes

Fortunately, your system does not slow down with the use of many wave
emitters.

> still pondering about another set of macros
> designed to just model the basic flows of the
> stream, and then superimpose some irregular
> waves on that later...

Sounds very interesting!

> Regards,
> Tim