POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : pipetree : Re: pipetree Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pipetree
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 4 Jun 2003 15:06:18
Message: <3ede432a@news.povray.org>

news: 3edcffd6@news.povray.org...
> a long time ago I posted my last work because of the 'no time' syndrome.
> Recently I had some hours free and I think the result is acceptable as a
WIP

It sure is :) I wonder where you are going to take it.

> Gilles, can you give me a hint on your media and light settings?

Pretty basic : 3 cylinder lights, one of the "stage", one closer to the
camera (on the left) and one on the right.
#declare LightColor1=rgb <125,180,255>/255;
media{scattering{1,0.7*LightColor1/1000 extinction 0}}
To get the final image I did two passes : one at 1200*1200 to get the rad
data (with no aa) and a final one at 5000*5000 loading the rad data. Pretty
fast, just a few hours, the speed gain is amazing (the 5000*5000 with aa
took as long as the 1200*1200 one).
And then the characters where re-rendered separately with much higher
radiosity settings and pasted on the big image using a mask...

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com