POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Outline is missed in blob object : Re: Outline is missed in blob object Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Outline is missed in blob object
From: Nikumaru
Date: 3 Jun 2003 12:05:56
Message: <3edcc764@news.povray.org>
Thanks Bob,

 This phenomenon happened on POV-Ray version 3.5. And it happend on
version 3.1g as well.
 I have tried changing the measure of the blob object as follows.

//======================================
#macro CalcRadius( Radius, BlendVal )
    Radius/sqrt(1.0-sqrt(BlendVal))
#end

#local R_Body = 0.25; // 250;
#local R_Leg = 0.05; // 50;
#local Ratio_LegDist = 1.1;
#local A_Leg = 30; // degrees
#local LatitudeLeg = -70; // degrees
#local Blend = 0.2;
#local R_BodyBaseSphere = CalcRadius(R_Body, Blend);
#local R_LegBaseSphere = CalcRadius(R_Leg, Blend);
#debug concat("Body Radius = ", str(R_BodyBaseSphere, 0, 3), "\n")
#debug concat("Leg Radius = ", str(R_LegBaseSphere, 0, 3), "\n")
#local S_Body =
    blob{
        sphere{ 0, R_BodyBaseSphere, 1.0 } // body
        sphere{ -Ratio_LegDist*R_Body*z, R_LegBaseSphere, 1.0 rotate
A_Leg*y rotate LatitudeLeg*x }
        sphere{ -Ratio_LegDist*R_Body*z, R_LegBaseSphere, 1.0
rotate -A_Leg*y rotate LatitudeLeg*x }
        threshold Blend
    }
#local T_Body =
    texture{
        pigment{ color rgb 0.6 }
        #if( on=Radiosity )
            finish{ ambient 0.0 }
        #end
    }
#local O_Body = object{ S_Body texture{ T_Body } }
//======================================

 Then the result was changed like attached file. It was not as expected
though. The joint lines were not rounded as expected.
 Is this phenomenon occurred by calculation accuracy issue?

Nikumaru

P.S. I checked the setting of message format. Then, the setting was
"text". Is also this message HTML format? If so, I have to learn more
about Outlook Express settings. ( Or character set issue? )

"Hughes, B." <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message
> "Nikumaru" <nik### [at] ybbnejp> wrote in message
> >
> >  I made a simple blob object.
> >  But the outline of an element in the blob object is missed.
>
> Shadow problem of some sort. I don't know why, though.
>
> If no_shadow is added to the O_Body object it appears okay. Sure looks
like
> a bug. Anyone else able to verify or dismiss?
>
> P.S. HTML messages here at news.povray.org aren't completely
acceptable,
> plain text is preferred.
>
> Bob H.