POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [WIP] Apartment : Re: [WIP] Apartment Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [WIP] Apartment
From: Sir Charles W  Shults III
Date: 2 Jun 2003 20:30:50
Message: <3edbec3a$1@news.povray.org>
I had a neat thought- what if we write an AI program that looks at a scene,
maybe through two cameras, then renders what it sees into POV code?  I know that
this sounds outlandish at first consideration, but I suppose that what I am
getting at is this- how much compression do we get from, for instance, JPG
versus GIF, or TIF, or BMP?  Now, think of the inherent compression in POV code,
and then consider that if we could make a program "smart" enough to look at the
scene and then figure it out closely enough, we could get some really amazing
compression factors.

Cheers!

Chip Shults
My robotics, space and CGI web page - http://home.cfl.rr.com/aichip