POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Music/Audio sync : Re: Music/Audio sync Server Time
19 Jul 2024 07:34:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music/Audio sync
From: Rune
Date: 2 Jun 2003 18:45:50
Message: <3edbd39e$1@news.povray.org>
This is pretty cool! However, the illsuion doesn't quite work for me. It
deosn't look like the sound actually comes from the xylophone. I think
it's because the movement of the sticks is not quite right. They should
impack with much higher speed, and bounce back quite a bit further to
produce those clear tones. Another thing to try is to make the image be
just a tad ahead of the sound, because that's far better than having the
image be even the slightest bit behind the sound. Our eyes/ears are far
more forgiving to the former, perhaps because it happens in real life
too, when the source of the sound is at some distance (so the speed of
sound comes into play).

Anyway, this feedback is all about your video. It doesn't say anything
about your program, which seem to work very well!

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated Oct 19)